Dropped floorboard help/question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on the probable/possible materials I would need to fix a dropped floorboard in our upstairs hallway. We have JUST had new carpet fitted, and I think today during a furniture delivery something very heavy (oak wardrobe) has been dropped on one of the floorboards, causing it to drop at the join. There is a ridge running the width of the hallway, and from looking at pictures from before the floor went down it is right where a join is. Nothing is visible as it is all under 12mm underlay and carpet.

Our fitters are back on Thursday to lay flooring downstairs - so I was hoping to ask if they could lift the new carpet, give me a chance to fix the boards and then replace the carpet afterwards. But, I am not really sure where to start on how I would go about this, or what materials I may need.

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back