Dropped (footballer)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brazil have dropped Manchester United winger Antony following allegations of abuse by his former girlfriend.

The Brazilian football federation said the 23-year-old had been withdrawn from the squad after "facts became public" that "need to be investigated".
Police in Sao Paulo and Greater Manchester are investigating the claims, which the player has denied.

"I can calmly state that the accusations are false and that the evidence already produced and the other evidence that will be produced demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made," Antony said on social media.

scandalous@BBCnews

Another United player dropped over an accusation before any facts are produced...is this some sort of ploy to empty our squad by Christmas?

Sponsored Links
Or don't pay the idiots such offensively-large salaries, then no self-respecting woman would look at them.

Simples. (y) ;)

Suspend - investigate - act based on findings.

Simples. (y)
They did the same with Mason Greenwood and a fat lot o' good it did: he's had to go to Spain to continue his career out of the way of people who make accusations with no basis in fact. Now Antony faces the same fate.

Sponsored Links
They did the same with Mason Greenwood and a fat lot o' good it did: he's had to go to Spain to continue his career out of the way of people who make accusations with no basis in fact. Now Antony faces the same fate.

Neither my fault nor problem that either MU have not got the courage to stand by an innocent man, or that he's not clean enough for them to do that.

Neither my fault nor problem that either MU have not got the courage to stand by an innocent man, or that he's not clean enough for them to do that.
It's the way organisations are forced to adopt a defensive approach to these accusations in the first place which is all wrong: people are now assumed to be guilty before any investigation and once mud is thrown the tabloids make sure it sticks.

It's the way organisations are forced to adopt a defensive approach to these accusations in the first place which is all wrong:

Organisations are not "forced" to do anything; it is good practice to act accordingly at first sight of any accusation.

people are now assumed to be guilty before any investigation

Only by idiots, mouth-breathers, and lack-wits.
If you are one of those, or hold their assumptions in any regard, more fool you.

once mud is thrown the tabloids make sure it sticks.

If you hold their drivel in any regard, more fool you.

Organisations are not "forced" to do anything; it is good practice to act accordingly at first sight of any accusation.

Manchester United are under pressure to drop the £84m forward Antony after Brazil withdrew the footballer from their latest squad following serious allegations – made by his former girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin – of physical assault and the claim that the player threatened to kill her and attacked her with a glass.

blurb@theGrun

You were saying?

Blimey

Latin American countries making a stand (?)on violence against woman

Manchester United are under pressure to drop the £84m forward Antony after Brazil withdrew the footballer from their latest squad following serious allegations – made by his former girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin – of physical assault and the claim that the player threatened to kill her and attacked her with a glass.

blurb@theGrun

You were saying?

Who are "putting pressure" on MU?

Your linked article gives no name or names.

You were saying?

Besides, if being "put under pressure" is being held to account (applying good practice), I'm all for it (y)

Another United player dropped over an accusation before any facts are produced...is this some sort of ploy to empty our squad by Christmas?
It's the norm in many workplaces; and described as, 'a neutral' act. Any UK teacher, for example.

Blimey

Latin American countries making a stand (?)on violence against woman
I know, right?
First they came for our midfield, then our defence...they may as well have the new goalie, too...he's rubbish.

It’s like black adders court martial, do you have anything to say before we find you guilty.

Seriously, if Brazil are doing this it shows it is being taken seriously.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back