Dry lining and wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,
I've got to do a full rewire of my Project House (or maybe get someone else to do it, depends what the cost difference is between getting Building Control to check my work vs paying someone Part P registered to do the whole lot).

Question for today is- dry lined walls. Most of the outside walls are going to get drylined- 100mm bits of stick with either 80mm or 100mm Recticel type stuff (where I HAVE to achieve U value) and some just stuffed with loft insulation (where I don't have to).

What's the favoured installation method for sockets etc on these walls- cable up from floor/down from ceiling clipped to solid wall then poking through the insulation & vapour barrier, cable clipped to battens then through insulation, cable in conduit clipped to battens- many permutations appear permissible, just trying to find which works best

Also (on the same vein) am having to replace the suspended timber floors with concrete base & insulation layer. What's the deal with running cabling through the insulation layer (PIR boards of some sort)- conduit or just clipped to the solid wall or clipped to a convenient batten?

Sponsored Links
just trying to find which works best
What works best is having the insulation on the outside of the house..

No VCL/condensation worries, no cable derating worries, no problems ever with being able to screw things to the walls, a nice big thermal mass on the warm side.

Nothing but goodness all the way.

Can't fault your thinking there chap but I can't afford it (plus I dislike rendered walls :) and at one elevation there's only 100mm between me and next door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back