Conduit through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im currently installing emergency lighting on the Eastenders set and the BBC are insisting that when a cable is drilled through a solid wall it must be protected with galv conduit. So Im allowed to clip direct but if I want to drill the cable outside I need to install conduit, only the length of the hole. (this is incase my 20mm hole weakens the wall and crushes the cable)

Is this a requirement of BS7671, good practice or just the BBC's requirement?

Sponsored Links
probablly just a bbc requirement, in a normal domestic wall it shouldn't matter but maybe they think so many people will put cables in over the years that wall damage may result. It will also probablly encourage re-use of existing holes which is always a good thing.

so this is not a bs7671 requirement !?

other wiring doesnt have conduit we just have a tosser as a project manager, could have told us before or while we were installing cables - not at the end of the job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back