Dragons Den invention

When I used to do cable TV/Broadband and telephone installs I never had trouble drawing cable though cavitys. I used a BBQ skewer, it was more rigid than a coat hanger and had a ring on one end to pull it back with.

All you had to do wash push the cable into the pointed part. I always made sure the cable had a drip loop and used a wall grommet and silicon to stop any moisture getting in the hole.

In terms of blow outs I used a 10 mm drill bit first and took a little extra care on the outside skin of bricks

Sponsored Links
electrical-screwdriver.png

I have a new invention for removing these awkward threaded nails, does anyone think the Dragons would buy into it?

A useless invention IMHO.

I feed co-ax and telephone cable through walls day in day out and very rarely have a problem.

The only time that you get a problem is when the cable snags on something in the cavity, either insulation or loose mortar or something. In cases where the cable snags, poking a stick through the hole, attaching a magnet to the cable and then PUSHING the cable through the wall will not work because it will just snag again - there's not enough rigidity in the cable to allow you to apply enough force to get it past the snag.

The only way to get it past the snag is to pull it. With this magnet thing, going back inside and pulling it would simply disconnect the two magnets. So, on the odd occasion that I struggle to get a cable through a wall I just poke a fibreglass rod through the hole, pushing it past the snag, tape the cable to the rod and then go inside and pull it through. Simple.

Sponsored Links
no you missunderstand.. you use the pointy end to diddle your ears, and the big end to stir the tea...

View media item 13260What about this for an invention I find it useful for stirring my tea and removing ear wax :)

The dual purpose of The Waxy Stir is as follows
first application is to briskly stir your hot drink(tea for instance) which will help not only stew the tea but also help blend milk and sweetners, the thermal properties of the hot drink, then warms The Waxy Stir's probe up.
With the probe now warm it can then be used for it's second major application.
It is placed within the ear hole(diddling) and this then will allow the melt and scoop action to take place, removing surplus ear wax
Nice warm comforting drink and clear as a bell hearing!

$25(I'm going global with this) for 8.5%

Any questions Dragons?

Have you a patent for it?
Er yeh, I think :rolleyes:
I have sole use of purpose but not design, I do believe I have competition in other areas although my competitors have marketed their product well, I understand there are fundamental flaws in the purpose they use it for.

Nah, forget that one as you will just get screwed. :D

Look your bidding not only for this product but any other sh@te I might come up with along the way, currently doing a prototype of the "double dibbler" same as the waxy stir but with extendable probe so you can do both ears at the time!

Too late! I've already patented a double diddler.

My invention has a magnet on the dibbler end. You push this in one earhole until it comes out of the other. The second dibbler also has a magnet that is attracted to the first. You can then push the second dibbler until both have their active ends in the right location.

It is possible that during insertion the first dibbler happens to snag on some grey matter. If so, nod your head and your brains (if any) will fall into one of the many crevices in your skull.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back