Cables clipped to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it permitted to clip SWA cable in a garage to the wall horizontally just above the floor level?

The only alternative is to add 20m of cable, add a junction box and clip to surface of wall up to roof space and go into roof clip to rafters and through 2 walls and down again to get to CU?

Sponsored Links
What makes you think it might not be permitted?

(is it bad form to answer with just a question?... i wonder...)

My only concern is risk of damage as its in a garage and will run under a door other than I see no reason why not and nothing in the regs, etc. Wanted to check with the people who are experts on here!!!

My only concern is risk of damage as its in a garage and will run under a door other than I see no reason why not and nothing in the regs, etc.

The regs leave it upto you as a designer/installer to assess the risk of damage, if you think there is a risk of an SWA becomming damaged because of this door then perhaps you could not install it there, if on the other hand you conclude that its not likely to become damaged, then feel free to install it there.

Not being awkward my friend, but you have seen the job, we haven't, and there arn't any difficult calculations, or any claculations at all in this decision, so its upto you to make the call... afterall it matters not what we say, its your name on the EIC ;)

oh dear, I've gone all deep and meaning-ful... perhaps its gone bedtime

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back