Dry rot???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am in the middle of looking at houses to buy, this house we are very interested in but have found a few problems on the second viewing.
The estate agent told me that the rear patio is a little bit high.
It is only about an inch below the dampcourse.
The floor is concrete and when I took up the corner of the carpet the floor looked dry and ok. Just inside the patio doors the central heating pipes run and are boxed in and I cannot see inside the boxing in.
The wall I found that a part of the skirting was rotted and the plaster seems to have disintegrated. Everything is dry.
If we decide to go ahead with this purchase we will of course have a full buildings survey, we will also be ripping up the patio and replacing the patio doors.
The two walls pictured are internal walls and are of the walls that are 90 degree off the rear external walls.
On the other side of the wall with the rotted skirting board is the central heating boiler, between this and the wall was very dusty and it did look like there was like a web like mould cotton wool fluff!!!

Can you please take a look at the pictures and give me your view and how to remedy this, is it a diy job and how hard to carry out.
Thankyou in advance

View media item 28823 View media item 28824 View media item 28825

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back