Drying Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

The whole kitchen was plastered on the weekend.
After locking up at night time, I came down to the window dripping in condensation.

Is it best to leave the window open for the plaster to dry out, or leave window closed, heating on or both?!

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi.

The whole kitchen was plastered on the weekend.
After locking up at night time, I came down to the window dripping in condensation.

Is it best to leave the window open for the plaster to dry out, or leave window closed, heating on or both?!

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
it dosent really matter, its cold so dont leave the window open, just use the room as you would normally do

iv just done a 100m2 reskim and iv got a big gas space heater there in the day when im there
and as of a night i just leave it too cool down
or even use a plasterers heater for a day or two

Sponsored Links
When you say “plastered” do you mean just a re-skim or a full base coat & skim? If it’s just a re-skim, plenty of natural ventilation should see an end to condensation in 3-5 days & 10 days befeore tiling or painting this time of year. A de-humidifier will help & a little background heat (leave the doors open so heat from the rest of the property permeates) but I would avoid turning the central heating on or pumping too much heat into that room.

If it’s a full base coat & skim, the condensation/drying times could quiet easily extend up to 2 & 4 weeks; either way, don’t be tempted to rush it, decorate or tile beforehand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back