Drying time for cement under shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bedded in an acrylic shower tray onto WBP with a weak cement mix, as per the tray manufacturer's instructions, but I'm not sure how long the cement will take to set so I can stand on it - anyone know? Given that there's no air under there (hopefully!) I would guess it takes a few days.

Sponsored Links
Concrete (cement) does not require the evaporation of water to cure so the fact it’s under the tray will have little if any effect on curing time. It will achieve 80% of it’s strength after 7 days, going on to full cure after around 30 days. As long as you don’t weigh 30 stone, it should be sufficiently firm enough to stand on so you can continue with tiling etc. after 24 hours but I would avoid using the completed shower for 7 days.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much, I'll play it safe and give it 7 days (even though I'm not quite 30 stone).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back