DSC/BG Default Installer code/remote reset & allowed acc

Sponsored Links
Hey guys, some additional info in case it’s useful.

With the keypad showing '24003479 V1.11 ENG L50' none of my key presses are registered, it doesn’t do anything. I tried powering down again (as before). The first time the keypad display showed empty time and date fields, but as soon as I pressed one button it went back to ‘Remote Reset Required’. Incidentally, I don’t think I’d reconnected the AC wire properly this time. So I powered down again, and now I’m back to the '24003479 V1.11 ENG L50', with the keypad seemingly not working.

Incidentally, I still haven’t heard the fast clicking coming from the board which suggest it’s not locked out? Having said that, I’m not sure how obvious this clicking sound is, how loud, how long it lasts and when exactly I should be hearing it…..

Cheers!

Mark are you moving the jumper as required when you repower?

The fact that I don't know what the jumper is suggests not.....I'm just unplugging the back-up battery and the AC wire, and re-connecting, battery first followed by AC. I thought this was all I needed to do in order to check if the system was locked, but I take it I'm wrong?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Classic series (1550, 2550, 3000) - Power down, put on reset jumper, power up with AC, wait 30 seconds, then remover jumper. System should be back to factory (all zone lights lit)

Power series (1555, 5010) - Power down, connect a jumper from PGM 1 to zone 1, power up with AC, wait 30 seconds or until Zone 1 lights on the keypad, then remove connections and proceed.

Try using one of the two above methods and then listen for the clicking.

Thanks Alarm. Not at home until Sat, so will try it then. Mine's the DSC 1832 so I guess I'll have to try both.

Just a thought though - these methods seem to be for resetting it all to factory default, which presumably will only work if it's not locked. If it is locked, and I follow this method, will I have COMPLETELY locked myself out?

I ask because rather than just paying BG to reset my codes as I wish, I'd now also have to pay them to reconfigure the whole system (I'm guessing I'd have lost all the zones etc). Is that right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back