Dual element immersion heater timer switch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
just wondering if there is such a thing as a timer i can get for my dual immersion that i can set to alternate between bath and sink on my dual element immersiont heater??
Ideally id love one that is remote/rf such as the honeywell central heating room stats.
Marty.

Sponsored Links
All of the immersion timers I have seen cannot do this. The bottom element is connected to the timer for cheap rate operation, and the top element can be used as a manual full rate boost. My guess this is because that keeps it simple to operate and avoids operating error.

My first house had a twin element immersion with only a manual switch unit having two switches, one marked sink/bath and the other marked on/off. When I changed to economy 7, I just added a standard timeswitch before the manual switches and retained the function of switching between the two elements as required.

You need to be careful though, and make sure that if you want a lot of water the next day that the switch is set to "bath" the night before, otherwise, you'll end up heating the water at the full rate. An expensive mistake.

MK still make the switch (MKK 5208). Combine it with a cheap timer at £15-20 and you'll get the functions you required. I'm not sure what benefits you'll get by deviating from the normal method of operation, bottom element for cheap night charge and top for day time boost though.

Cheers,
Yeah i can live without the bath/sink functionality being on the unit(dont take too many baths!!) so i might just do waht you say and wire a regular timer in before the sink/bath switch.

Is there any wireless timers that people have used??
The reason id like this is because id like to be able to turn it off from downstairs/say in the kitche after filling the sink to do washing up etc(sometimes forget it is on and it gets left on)
Cheers,
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back