Dual Flush Toilet Problem

A

Andrew99

Hi,

I have an Ideal Standard toilet with a dual flush.
When I push the big flush button the toilet flushes fine, but when I push the small flush button nothing happens.

I've looked in the cistern and part of the plastic disc that pushes down to flush the toilet has broken off, it's the part that the small flush button would push down.

Do I need to replace the whole flush system or can I get a replacement for this disc?
Also, what is the proper name for the disc if I'm ordering a replacement?

Please see pictures I've attached.

IMG_20190818_090125636.jpg
IMG_20190818_090302355.jpg
IMG_20190818_090248377.jpg
IMG_20190818_090138829.jpg

Any help or advice is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Has the short flush button never worked?

I doubt you can replace the disc but there are many suppliers of replacement flush valves online.

Blup

the irregular separation in the top plate could be a clue,compare it with a similar item of its age.

Otg at the mo,cant do :censored: searching.

Sponsored Links
Turn the button position in the lid so the plastic rods hit another part of it. It may not last long though. Just swap out the drop valve, ideal standard, so you will get a replacement. You'll find it's a quarter turn and pull it out valve, just replace with a new centre after cleaning the inner face that the seal sits on.

SV92467-Dual-Flush-Valve-131-p.jpeg

If the disc can be removed by taking out the screw, why not replace it with a steel washer or similar... or glue a suitable plastic/steel disc on top of the broken piece.

Save you the hassle and cost of buying a whole new flush system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back