Dual Immersion Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Need some advice on how to fit a dual immersion switch, I have 2 cables at the socket point, 1 is the load the other 1 is the supply, I do not have the old dual immersion switch as the electrician fitted a new single 20 AMP switch, which becomes too hot to touch after 20mins of being switched on.

After speaking to the electrician he told me that it is a 20AMP switch and should be ok, another electrician told me that I need a dual immersion switch to replace the single switch, on that note I have brought a MKK5208 dual immersion switch just like the picture above, the diagram picture is the back of the switch, I’m not really sure how to fit it, I’m assuming that the LOAD cable goes to the LOAD Live and Neutral and the SUPPLY cable goes to the SUPPLY Live & Neutral, but what do you connect to the left hand side of the switch where it says 1 – 2 & SP - COM

Any help would be much appreciated

Tom

Sponsored Links
That switch is designed for a twin immersion cylinder, with "sink" heating the top only and "bath" heating the full tank (bottom heater), if you only have 1 immersion heater you need a straightforward 20 amp switch.

You can use the switch you have, just using the supply/load terminals on the one side, and ignoring the sink/bath bit.

If the old switch was too hot to touch then I daresay it was faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back