dual system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking for some answers to the following questions but first i'll explain what it is i'm doing.

On Saturday I'm installing a 20" grant triple pass back boiler back into my fire place. I have a new chimney breast built 6 years ago with a flu liner installed. First I'm knocking back the breast and fitting back the clay liners and flu gather. I'm currently using a gas central heating system for hot water and heating the house.

The gas boiler i have is a potterton prima, and is a open vented system(has it's own header tank in the attic) which works fine.

What I want to do is have the back boiler work in line with the gas boiler so if the solid fuel is not hot enough to heat the house that the thermostat in the gas boiler will allow its self to switch on and keep the heating topped up. Is this possible to do? Would it work using the same pump on the gas boiler to circulate the hot water from the back boiler?

And if the fire was not lighting, i would like for some type of fitting to not allow flow through from the gas boiler to heat the back boiler(waste of heat straight up the chimney).

Is there a way of doing this through automated valves?

Any advice would be great, or if some body has had this work done before let me know and i'll contact them for some advice. I have a diagram i'll stick up.

Kind regards
Anthony

Sponsored Links
Try ringing the baxi potterton technical help line, this will sort the men from the boys :evil: Wonder if they,ll know , I don,t :eek:

Sponsored Links
A 20" grant triple pass back boiler ?.

Can you provide a link ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back