Dual Zone Heating only one zone working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a new build house (2018). We have two Honeywell CM707 thermostats one for upstairs and one for downstairs. The problem is they are working the wrong way around! I assume they are wired to the wrong control units and they need swapping?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the upstairs thermostat is controlling the downstairs radiators, and the downstairs thermostat the upstairs radiators then your assumption would be correct.

If the thermostats were wireless then simply swapping them over would do the trick. However, the CM707 is a wired thermostat, so it's not quite so easy swapping the thermostats over won't make any difference.

There will likely be two motorised valves controlling the two zones somewhere, that look something like this. [Other makes are available]

The actuators can be removed from the valve itself. If they are both the same make and are right next to each other so that the wires will reach, the easiest thing maybe just to swap the actuators over. Otherwise a minor wiring modification will be required. If you post a photo of the wiring centre that the motorised valves are connected to, someone will be able to advise what needs to be done.

However as it's a new build I would be inclined to get the builder back to sort it.

Thanks for your reply. I switched the connectors around in the control board and it fixed it. 1 minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back