CM707 with Hive (Patrick's thread)

Sponsored Links
You didn't confirm what the Honeywell ST9100C is actually controlling, although I would be 95% certain that it will be for the hot water cylinder time control.

If so, then to install Hive properly, you should have purchased a Dual Channel Hive for controlling the first heating zone and also the hot water, and a Single Channel Hive for the second heating zone. As it stands, you will end up with a bit of an oddball system where the heating is controlled via the Hive app but the hot water by the ST9100C.

According to the contractors who istalled, they said the ST9100C is just for the hot water which based on my tracing the lines appears to be the case. I will just use the single channel controllers for the heating zones. Yes, not ideal.

Success

Traced grey wires back to junction box near HW cylinder. They were not connected to anything so wired up at the junction box to provide permanent neutral at Hive receiver end.
Grey to permanent neutral N
Brown to permanent live L
Looped to connect common L & 1
Black to 3

Works fine. This was a Hive single channel receiver.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back