Ducting for downdraft extractor - parts query, please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, my builder forgot to put the ducting in for my downdraft extractor. Have managed to channel cut underneath the concrete to get it all in and almost there!

I have a Smeg SP150 flat channel ducting kit. There are a couple of parts that I don’t really know where they are meant to go and the instructions don’t give any guidance on this. Sorry, may be obvious to some but I’ve not had to deal with ducting like this before so am not sure and don’t want to miss it out if it needs to go somewhere. I will attach some pics and hope someone can help me! It is the foam tape with a self adhesive backing which is light grey and the thicker foam strip.

I have not had to use the joiner to connect the two separate bits of ducting as I had to reduce and increase where the underfloor heating pipes were so had to buy some additional bits to do this abs also haven’t had to use the angled part as I’m going straight from the island area and straight out through the wall.

Thanks in advance.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 84
  • F459E7CB-EB17-4854-BB2C-9C182E541F5D.jpeg
    F459E7CB-EB17-4854-BB2C-9C182E541F5D.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
What model is the extractor and how long is the length of the run.

Downdraft extractors are extremely sensitive to static pressure and performance will greatly depend on proper ducting design.

Hi, it’s the Smeg KDD90VXBE 90cm Downdraft Extractor that I have. The run from the island is about 7ft total.

Sponsored Links
See new pic attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 157

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back