ducting for extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have three ducts to go in in the loft for the main bathroom and two en suite , all of these ducts I want to run to the soffit but what I would like to know is if you can run all three toghter and out of one vent or at least two. Finally do I need any special equipment to get it in the soffit and what is best the white 100mm pipe or the silver

Sponsored Links
I suppose technically you could have them all joined together, but you'd need to join them before the extractor fan or the air will just suck out of one room and blow into another, unless all the extractors are running simultaneously, which is a little energy inefficient if only one is needed.

I'm not sure whether you can get Y connectors for the ducting though, I suppose it's possible but you might find that if you're running three in to one you'll need a larger 6" fan and 6" final duct run to the soffit. The wiring might get a bit interesting if you've got to get the fan running off two or three seperate light switches in seperate rooms...very much a question for the sparkys. In fact, extractors generally are very much a question for the sparkys, head off to the Electrics UK board and ask them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back