Dudley Niagara dual flush button only works back-to-front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am another homeowner who has inherited a Dudley Niagara dual flush system that no longer works as it should - I hope someone here can advise me on how to proceed.

I have a concealed cistern in a built-in vanity unit with an air-operated dual flush valve. The main valve assembly was replaced 18 months ago. The air push button is the 73.5mm double button mounted in the vanity unit, fitted in 2016. The small flush has stopped working: one push allows about a teacup of water to flow through; multiple pushes eventually results in something like a full flush.

I have checked over the main valve and all seems okay. I have shortened and/or replaced the air pipes between the button and the valve to no effect. I can make the short flush work by using a bicycle pump to inject air into the air pipe. The short flush will also work if I place its air pipe on the full flush button. Set back-to-front, the small button then has little effect on the full flush.

Do I assume that the small flush bellows/plunger is broken (there is air pressure if I put a finger over the outlet, but it obviously isn't enough to lift the valve mechanism)? If broken or leaking, can it be repaired (I cannot see any parts or instructions online to suggest this is the case)? If a full replacement button is needed, should I be sticking to a Thomas Dudley button (£30), or will a Tavistock Vortex dual flush button work in its place (£17)? Or is there another way around this?

Given that it is a built-in vanity unit I don't see much chance of changing the whole flush mechanism to a wire-controlled alternative.
Thanks,
Nick

Sponsored Links
The fluidmaster is half the price for valve and button, it fitted my toilet

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back