Due Tec HE 28 intermittent hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is about 5 years old. All fine until a couple of months ago...

Sometimes when taking a shower (Mira mixer) there is no hot water when shower is first put on. If left for a minute of two it will then come hot (this is MUCH longer than usual). Also sometimes during a shower the water will suddenly go cold (not heat to water at all) then after about a minute will return. This happens perhaps once every fourth shower on average. Unfortunately by time I run downstairs to look at the boiler and see what's going on it's running hot again so I can;t confirm which boiler lights etc are on - frustrating!

I'm pretty sure it isn't the shower itself. I don't believe the termo unit in it is suddenly moving and altering the themo on the shower makes no difference - there's just not hot there. I'm sure its the boiler. CH runs fine. It could be that there is a similar issue with hot water taps which just hasn't been noticed.

I'm wondering -

Could it be the turbine unit of the hall effect sensor sticking so the boiler thinks no water is flowing?
DHW temp sensor?

Any other suggestions? I think to swap the turbine on the hall effect sensor it's the whole inlet unit at about £90 - is that correct?

Any ideas on how to track this down?

Sponsored Links
A quick search suggests flue sensor error.

It's intermittent so guess could be wiring too. Is the sensor an easy change and a likely culprit for this?

Sponsored Links
Could be the sensor or could be a fault with the flue itself. Either way, this is getting into the realms of needing to call out a Gas Safe Registered boiler engineer to diagnose

Just taken a look at the sensor - there is a tab/clip which holds the electrical connector in place. The tab appears to have broken off and the connection was therefore loose. Pushed connector on firmly and appears to be ok. I guess I might need a new sensor fitted to renew the clip and secure the cable properly with clip as it should be.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back