Ideal independent c30 no hot water

C

Colin steele

Hi everyone the problem I have is that heating works fine but hot water for taps does not when u run the hot tap the boiler status is 0 but if I crank the tap full on the d on screen comes on followed by the burner light but at high pressure the water is cold I have to run tap full pelt then slow it down bit by bit to get hot water could it be the Flow turbine or hall sensor as there is a lot of corrosion on the part u undo to remove the turbine and under the boiler where pipes are it's also very corroded maybe the seal and turbine are shot as it's been dripping for a little while

Sponsored Links
When it's calling for heat then the sensor LED should be solid, anything less and it's probably the flow turbine.

That being said, it should be a GSR that should do the work to fault find and repair as taking off the front cover compromises the room seal portion of the boiler and needs to be checked once repaired.

I would also want to check what has caused the corrosion - possibly from the condensate trap that may have been or is blocked - and ensure it hasn't corroded through the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back