Hot water problems worcester bosch 24si II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My worcester bosch combi boiler24si II sometimes takes a long time,10 seconds or more after turning a hot tap on before the boiler lights. CH is ok. Checking through the manual I suspected the water flow turbine may not be giving the proper indications. The book says there should be 5 volts dc between the outer wires in the turbine plug and 3 volts between the green and black wires when a tap is opened. I have the 5 volts ok but the 3 volts measures only 2.5 to 2.8 volts. How accurate does it have to be. Does a lower voltage mean the turbine could be stiff to turn or jamming. Occasionally the hot water runs cold in the middle of filling the sink without altering the tap setting but I can never see it do it when I'm watching the boiler. My meter is a good quality one BTW. Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

How can I tell if the little flow turbine is ok or faulty.
Thanks, Jim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back