Worcester 24si ii

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There, this is my first post on here so be gentle with me!

I hav a Worcester 24si ii boiler which was fitted about 5 years ago, up to now I have had no problems with it, it has been great.
I turned on the hot water tap today and the water didnt heat up it just stayed cold, so I went upstairs to study the boiler.

It seems that there is no power at all, the digital display on the front of the boiler shows nothing and there are no warning lights?

I tried reseting but still nothing.

I also replaced the fuse in the spur but this didnt help either.

I'm at the end of my tether with this and cant afford an expensive repair bill as we have just had a newborn son (so you can imagine the aggro from the wife with no hot water and heating!)

Please help!!! :( :!: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Not being funny, but are you sure that the fuse you stuck in the spur is ok?
MUST be a 3 amp by the way.

check the pcb :idea:

if memory serves there is a fuse on there ;)

Thanks for your fast replies guys, replaced the fuse on the PCB and everything started up and worked fine for a few seconds then "pop" the fuse went again, luckily a friend of a friend works for british gas and I told him what was happening, straight away he said "either the pump is fooked or the fan" turns out he was right, disconnected the pump and replaced the fuse and everything started up and the pilot light flamed up, it was the pump! apparently there is a safety trigger which blows the fuse to stop any serious damage to the boiler when there is an issue with the pump. Thanks for your replies though. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
making-fun-054.GIF

scruffs ahead ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back