BAXI HT380 intermittent hot water

Sponsored Links
A typical Hall effect sensor is HERE .

@bernardgreen your knowledge of electrical components and how they work, and your keenness to share this with others is admirable and is of some interest to those curious enough to learn more.

However, in the context of these threads, and with regards to boiler fault finding and repair, one only needs to know how to identify which component is defective, using the simplest methods, how to replace that component and where to obtain it.

who was designing equipment using Hall effect devices in the 1970's

"Designing equipment" and "repairing equipment" are very different fields of expertise.
Design faults (and you must have had some) require component-level knowledge to fix.
Operational faults (through wear and tear or bad design/manufacture) doesn't require in-depth, component-level knowledge to fix.

Perhaps, in future, you should just start a new thread in the electronics forum and link to it from replies to other threads with the words "for those wishing to know more about [such and such] click HERE. And leave it at that.

one only needs to know how to identify which component is defective,

But giving wrong / misleading information about the way a component works does not help the person decide if that component is at fault..

"Designing equipment" and "repairing equipment" are very different fields of expertise.

Different but closely related. Some of the best designers have worked as service personel from which experience they learn the problems that poor design creates for service personel. It is also very good for a designer to do some field servicing on the equipment he or she designed.

missing_the _point.PNG

Just for you Bernard.

Sponsored Links
It is also very good for a designer to do some field servicing on the equipment he or she designed.

Yeah sure... I'm always bumping into designers, consultants and architects who have come on site to show us how easy it is to realise their pretty drawings :rolleyes::LOL:

Which could explain the declining standards / quality of modern day designers.

Indeed... CAD systems and other software and means of communication during projects have played a big part in alienating designers from reality.
I was a graphic designer before and after the Mac seized the industry and came to detest the way in which it changed things... I am a hands-on type and missed that immensely - so I went from one "hot metal" to another ;)

I have started a new thread in General Discussion titled "the declining standards / quality of modern day designers "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back