Baxi Luna HT380 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a home last spring with a Baxi Luna HT380. First home with this type of condencing boiler. Apparently 1 - 2 years old.

Issue #1
Unit has been running w/o issue during the summer months. Come winter time when we started using the CH side of it we would hear a funny groaning sound when DHW needed during CH cycle. After going thru the manual I determined that the groan was from the three-way valve. Not anything that's bothersome now that we know what's making the noise.

Is this somethign that I should be concerned about?

Issue #2
Late one afternoon just before heading home wife texted me telling me that no heat from Baxi! I suggested sh take a look at the manual I had on the bookcase. To my surprise she was able to determine that the CH water pressure was under the acceptable pressure so the Baxit would NOT supply hot water for CH. An ever so quick opening of the pressure regulator to get the pressure back up to just about 1 bar and after a couple other error messages the system was back to normal after a reset.

I'm thinking I might have to up the pressure ever so slightly on the pressure regulator. Am I heading in the right direction?

Last question.
Here in New Hampshire it can get quite cold! I was going thru the documentation and found that an optional external temp sensor was available for about $65US. I ordered this sensor and it arrived today.
How exactly does the boiler operate with this external sensor and will I see even better cost savings with the external sensor?

-Robert McHenry
Concord, NH

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back