problems with my BAXI LUNA H T 380 condensing boiler/ H20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a three year old baxi luna ht 380 nat. Gas fired boiler that has given me some
Problems lately. First I tried to email baxi tech support and I think they did not email me back because I was not a licensed tech. I only got the u s 800 # yesterday, I must say very impressed with tech support. ----my problem is the pressure relief valve keeps spilling water into my 5 gal bucket. Boiler runs 80 degrees , but at 2-2.5 bars. If I unscrew the watts b1156f boiler feed pressure regulator 3full turns the pressure stays
Around 2-2.5 bars and then when it is not in used heavily at 20 degree outside temp, it
Sometimes losses pressure but stops spiling water from the overflow. Next the other
Thing is I have to bleed air out of the 3 zones every day in order to ramp up to 80 degrees. After talking to the tech , I pushed in the strader valve on top of the expansion vessel and what comes out is WATER. The blader is bad right. So I go to the
Supply house where the installer purchased it and they do not have the # 5662630 rp250-10 litre tank in stock and can not order one til they meet a $ quota. He is trying to find another supplier. In the meantime I was told to drain a little water from the white plastic drain on lower right side. Pressure went down while operatiing and back up. Someone said you can add another tank outside and below the unit. I would like to replace the orig baxi #5662630 tank , but is this exactly what is causing me to bleed the air out daily and will it stop spilling waters out of the pressure relief valve if the tank is replaced ? Is this a comon problem with the bladers going bad on a three year old boiler ? Should I skip the oring. Replacement and put the add on? I am running two 3\4 copper zones and 1 pex zone for a kitchen. Boiler is in basement outside wall direct
Vent nat. Gas. 1 copper zone is first flr. And 2nd is on 2nd floor at the present time. I am in the process of adding an addition myself will be
Adding at least 3more zones one on second flr. Pex. And 1pex zone pex 1st floor.
Should the add on tank be put in or will the orig. Replacement one be enough? Also
I read that the b1156f pressure reg. Does not have a rebuild kit. Should I replace it with the 1156 no f that has a rebuild kit for it?[/u]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back