Problem with Baxi Luna 20 Fi boiler

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello,
Can you help me with this problem?
I have a Baxi Luna 20 Fi boiler, it is known in the UK as Alpha, according to the information in this forum.
The problem is that when I open the hot water tap to turn on the boiler, it turns on the orange light (related to the start of the fan) and doesn't turn on, so it doesn't heat the water.
Sometimes, and completely randomly after about 7 or 8 times turning on/off the water tap, it turns on and we are able to keep it on and so it warms up the water for bathing.
We have already called 2 boiler repair technicians, who both point out that it is the electric board and advise to change the boiler since it is already old and there are no parts.
But it happens that the boiler change is a very high investment that, at the moment, I cannot do it.
Any advice or ideas you can give on how to fix/arrange or find this problem I really appreciate.

Thanks
Best regards

Sponsored Links
These are simple boilers and the Alpha 240 equivalent was common in the UK many years ago.
If the fan is running the most common problem is dirt on the fan blades and in the venturi and pitot located in the fan outlet connection.
Get someone else to take a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back