Baxi 80 Eco--Really need info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a BAXI 80 Eco boiler with a CH starting issue, hot water is just fine and the system holds its pressure good at just over 1Bar.

I have tried a timer but still not starting the CH system, I have a loop wire on pins 1&2 as per manual with no joy.

Any suggestions on diagnostics would be really appreciated as I really need the house warmed up, no heating for days.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Is the selector switch to the left?
What voltage do you have on the loop?
Do you have a built in timer?
Are the flow and return isolators open?
Does the primary pin lift the microswitch?
Does the primary pin drop after DHW tap is shut?
..................................????

Hi
Thanks very much for your response.

1, Selector switch is set left most on Heating & Hot Water.
2, Voltage is -0.021VDC.
3, No Built in timer.
4, Isolator valves both open.

Not sure which is the primary pin but...I see 2 micro switches, a 3pin and a 2pin...now...
When hot water is demanded both pins come out and activate both microswitches, hot water is delivered.
With or without the loop wire there is no demand made for heating, however if I manually activate the 3 way microswitch with a wee stick, heating comes on and heats up the house within 30 minutes...Yummmmm!

Thanks again for your support.
Regards

HI

in CH mode does the rear pin moves /activates micro switch ?
if pin not moving then it might be stuck or diaphragm damaged.

Sponsored Links
All revealed in the Manual - partsarena.com/baxi

Hi,

In CH mode with link wire the rear microswitch on the 3-Way Valve assembly does not pop out or activate, but as mentioned when i manually force the 3way microswitch both diaphragm pins avtivate thus it can't be a sticky pin..yeah?

Does the voltage accross the terminals 1&2 reading OK then? or what should thsi reading be?

Many thanks

Cheers chaps

Hi

OK Good, 230V is what I get on those terminals.....what next?

Are you suggesting that perhaps the diaphragm or its assembly is fauilty?

Anything else I could check?
Thanks

Does the primary pin drop after DHW tap is shut?
Both pins operate for hot water only the rear pin for heating.
The front pin is hot water and the rear (top) pin is the primary (c/h)

The link on 1 and 2 needs to be in place.

Locate the place where the internal clock would go, remove the back there should be a brown, blue and two black wires check for 230v on the black wires, they should be linked.

Yes, the primary pin does drop when DHW is closed.
Yes, both pins activate when DHW is demanded

Link wire is in connected.

Hmm, the clock is a blank round hole with a plastic plate with no wires in it, I am lead to believe that the internal clock should connect to terminal M3 on teh PCB which has 4 pins labeled 17, 18, 19, 20. I have nothing connected to this M3 terminal....am I missing something here?
Cheers once again

Hi

Not sure what you mean?

What connection do I need to replace, the PCB or the 3 way Divertor valve

Thanks once again for your support

If this link is missing PCB M3
terminals 17 and 19 need to be linked (caution 230v)

WOW EXCELLENT...

We have heating now...thankyou so very much for your help...top marks to BAXPOTI, your a gentleman..

I have a digial clock that I would like to use, I take it this will connect to the external device in terminals 1&2, if so, where would the roomstat connect?

Am I correct in assuming that this link on the PCB Terminal M3 pins 17 &19 can stay in without any issues.

Regards and many thanks once again for sticking with this issue and helping out.

The link and associated harness are an integral part of the boiler and should not have been removed.

Prt No. 248205 Cable - Integral Timer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back