baxi eco 80 no ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a baxi eco 80 combi boiler.dhw works fine but when i call for ch the boiler fires up but then the burner cuts out after 10 secs.The bar pressure also goes above 3 bar.I have repressurised the expansion vessel as it was full of water but the problem still remains,Also just before the burner cuts out the boiler makes a strained noise can anybody shed any light on this as its got me scratching my head.MANY THANKS jason

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for the quick response the ev pressure is set to 1bar at the minute and holding but no improvement should i monitor the ev pressure over time and if it,s losing pressure what would i expect to pay for an engineer to replace it in the leicester area?

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for the advise is that why the boiler is making a straining noise.The water is finding its way down the ch flow as the pipe below the boiler is getting hot but like i say it only runs for a few seconds before shutting down did i also mention that the temp sensor trps out quite regularly does this all point towards the diverter valve being stuck if so is it a replacement job or can it be serviced many thanks

Thankyou for the advise is that why the boiler is making a straining noise.The water is finding its way down the ch flow as the pipe below the boiler is getting hot but like i say it only runs for a few seconds before shutting down did i also mention that the temp sensor trps out quite regularly does this all point towards the diverter valve being stuck if so is it a replacement job or can it be serviced many thanks

On this boiler it looks like just a couple of diaphragms. It sounds as though
the boiler is actually firing for central heating so a clean out and new diaphragms should sort it out "hopefully". A blockage in the actual central
heating system or pump failing could be possible.

Maybe the the stat has popped on the heating pipe which just requires pushing in (inside the boiler on the left hand side)

Then reset the boiler on the dial.

The temp sensor has tripped a couple of times but after a reset the problem still persists.I have also found that with the boiler set to dhw only,when i run the hot tap the radiators are getting warm.If the diverter valve was sticking would the bar pressure also be high? any advice would be great thanks

Divertor valve diaphragm kit needed.

Did you isolate and drain the boiler and leave an open end, when you recharged the expansion vessel?
When you charge the ev, the bag/balloon/diaphragm being inflated will push out water from the ev. This needs to go out of an open end, otherwise you just pressurise the boiler. You cant use the boiler guage to pressurise the expansion vessel.

Had the same problem that ended up being the pcb
id replaced the stat first which wwas about £13 the new one doesnt pop out but still locks the boiler out, it gives the customer the chance judt to reset the boiler as normal without the need to callout anyone.
If your convinced its not the stat maybe it is the pcb.

Thankyou for all your suggestions this is a very good site.Just thought i,d give you an update might be helpful to others.I have managed to sort out the problem,it turned out to be the ch flow valve under the boiler on the left.I isolated the boiler and removed the filter from the valve it was full of debris.I gave it a rinse with warm water and re pressurized the boiler runs like new,this one had me going around in circles but it turned out to be pretty obvious in the end hope this helps others :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back