Dulux easycare - bubbles from a reaction?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Painted walls with Dulux Easycare emulsion today. Got this bubbling effect on some of them, seems to be some sort of reaction with the previous emulsion perhaps?

IMG_1585.jpeg IMG_1586.jpeg

Wondering if they will go as it dries, or if I’ll need to sand them tomorrow and apply something like a primer before the next coat?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Durable emulsions don't like going over contract emulsion or applying a second coat too quickly. They take longer to dry.
If surface is dry like new plaster or contract emulsion you need to follow manufacturers application guide for this type of surface

Thanks. It was going over emulsion which had been on for about 3yrs. From memory it was Leyland trade vinyl matt (I think).

So, tomorrow do I lightly sand the bubbles, recoat and hope for the best? Or would I be better sanding them and adding a coat of primer undercoat before the next coat?

Any bubbles can be sanded then a fine filler.
The Dulux should be solid tomorrow.
If ever you see any bubbles stop. Let it dry.
No need for a primer.

Sponsored Links
If bubbles weren't there to begin with they should go back down when dry. It's likely to be the paint underneath bubbling when it has got wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back