Dulux Once Satinwood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using a tin of Dulux Once Satinwood and find it's difficult to apply.
I'm using decent brushes (Hamilton Perfection) but find it drags a lot which tends to leave brush marks.

Could this be a trait of using 'Once' paints? Would I get a better finish by using standard Dulux Satinwood?

Am I just a cr4p painter? :LOL:

[EDIT]

Looking at other alternatives, would I be better with a water based paint like Dulux Diamond Satinwood?

Sponsored Links
All the "Once" products cover in one coat because they go on like treacle. You have to drag then around and even with good brushes, are more trouble than they are worth. Better to use the traditional satinwood, and maybe give two coats.

Robbie, many thanks for taking time to reply.

I've now come to the same conclusion with regards to the 'Once' products.
I popped into B&Q on the way home from work and picked up a tin of Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood, a water based paint. I'm quite impressed - the odour it gives off is nothing compared to a solvent based paint and clean up is a doddle.
Also, a 6 hour drying time is welcomed when you have a five year old daughter who's never still!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back