Dulux paint from Wickes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Wickes have a bogof offer on Dulux paints at the moment -
2x 5L - £30
2x 2.5L - £20

10L Dulux trade tubs are ~£40 (not on offer)

I'm going to need the paints in a month or two- is it worth buying now, is this a good price? (I assume Dulux branded paint is going to be ok, at least better than the non-branded ones. Otherwise - any recommendations?)

Sponsored Links
I'd say it's about half as good as Dulux trade, as far as I'm concerned I'm not buying non-trade ever again.

Sorry... to qualify that I have just recently used dulux consumer paint a few weeks back - awful compared to the trade stuff.

Crown paints are currently selling 5l for about £26inc VAT.

Their coverage is soemthing like 70sqm and I think normal retail paints are about 35 to 40 - so actually you might end up paying a simialr amount per sqm if you buy trade.

Sponsored Links
Plus there's your time to consider - you'll end up doing more coats of non-trade so more of your time taken...

Plus there's your time to consider - you'll end up doing more coats of non-trade so more of your time taken...

Indeed, as a professional decorator, there is little point in me saving a tenner on the retail paint if I have to apply an extra coat.

Just to confirm I bought soem Crown trade paints the other day its £26 for vinyl matt and £36 for their hard wearing clean extreme scrubbable matt - I went for the clean extreme. I have applied a small amoutn but I can confirm it is very thick compared to standard DIY retail paint - but not harder to apply (although I haven't used it with a big roller yet).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back