Dulux Paint problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Anybody got any ideas on what to do? Approx 18mths ago a decorator painted over Crown paint in my living room to freshen things up with a Dulux matt and now I'm finding patches crumbling almost to dust showing the paint beneath ! Ironically enough the paint beneath ( Crown ) is in good order, and as we are an old house I have got a good dehumidifying system to stop damp, so what is it? And do I sand the walls and start again :(

Sponsored Links
Help! Anybody got any ideas on what to do? Approx 18mths ago a decorator painted over Crown paint in my living room to freshen things up with a Dulux matt and now I'm finding patches crumbling almost to dust showing the paint beneath ! Ironically enough the paint beneath ( Crown ) is in good order, and as we are an old house I have got a good dehumidifying system to stop damp, so what is it? And do I sand the walls and start again :(
I would sort out the damp problems before even thinking about painting the walls. Once the damp problems were sorted I would put a seal on the walls and line the walls with paper, making sure there are no gaps in between. Then paint the walls with a nice dulux paint. will last for years and looks like it has been plastered. Be sure to prep up well, i.e filling any little dents in the walls before you seal it, and make sure it is sanded down properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back