Dulux diamond or Crown Clean Extreme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m in the process of decoding the Hall, stairs and landing and looking at top coats. We like a colour from the Crown Crafted Flat Matt range but given the area to be tackled, I don’t think a flat matt of this type would be practical. Decorating Centre Online can colour match this colour with their trade scrubble paints. Out of the big brands, I’m drawn towards Dulux Trade Diamond as have always used Dulux previously but wondered if anybody could recommend anything better or is this the best bet for a high traffic area. I’m aware Crown do a Trade Clean Extreme paint. Any advice would be great. Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have used the Dulux Trade Diamond matt in several customer's homes.

I do however warn them that if they scrub it will a green scouring pad, the paint won't come off, but it will become more shiny.

Waterbased eggshell will be more durable but the sheen level (at 20-30%) might be more shiny than you want.

I have previously painted hallways with Dulux Trade Dead Flat oil based paint. It is very scrubbable but it stinks for the first few days and may yellow over time.

If you do for diamond matt, be prepared for the first coat soaking in quite quickly, the second coat, however, glides over the first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back