Dulux Plaster Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Does anyone know if the Dulux Plaster Sealer has been discontinued?

I’m having some plastering done soon and was planning to get some of this to seal the plaster before painting - I know I can make my own mist coat but I’ve always found this ready made Dulux stuff easier to work with and less messy in the past but I don’t seem to be able to find it anywhere!

If it has been discontinued does anyone have any recommendations for ready made mist coats / sealers which will do a similar job and not be as messy as mixing up my own mist coat?

Cheers
Marc

Sponsored Links
Messy? A mist coat is just slightly thinned paint.
You can buy Fortress Trade plaster paint from screwfix for about £28 for ten litres. This will probably be similar to the dulux stuff you used.
Personally I just use the Leyland trade Matt from screwfix mixed with about 20% water. 2 x 10lt is £28

Sponsored Links
Messy? A mist coat is just slightly thinned paint.
You can buy Fortress Trade plaster paint from screwfix for about £28 for ten litres. This will probably be similar to the dulux stuff you used.
Personally I just use the Leyland trade Matt from screwfix mixed with about 20% water. 2 x 10lt is £28
Maybe I mixed it wrong but I did create abit of a mess when I last tried a mist coat - thihk I made it too watered down not helped that it was a ceiling too!
Zinsser Gardz - excellent product.

Will look at this thank you - I assume I can just paint that onto the bare plaster let this dry and then apply my top final coats?

Will look at this thank you - I assume I can just paint that onto the bare plaster let this dry and then apply my top final coats?
Yes.
Get all your sanding and filling done first though.
Shop around, prices seem to vary, but a little seems to cover a reasonable area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back