Polycell Crack Free Celings Matt Paint as Mist Coat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any problems with using the above Polycell paint as the mist coat? If not, what ratio of paint would be OK, about 20-40% water? I shall be using the same paint for the next coat or two.

The instructions on the can actually state: "Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a suitable plaster sealer".

I am hoping I can avoid the extra expense of a can of Sealer if I can mist coat with the paint I shell be using. And also avoid the shops on a BanK Holiday and get cracking tomorrow.

At my gaff I used water-down PVA prior to paint, several years ago without any problems. However the general consensus of opinion now seems to be to avoid PVA.

Looking through the posts I can see why. However the ceiling I shall be painting was skimmed with a single coat of finishing coat about 3 years ago. The plaster is surely dry then. Does this mean that PVA can be used in this instance?

When it comes to the walls would you recommend off the shelf sealer (eg Dulux Sealer) or mist coat using 'cheap' white emulsion. The final finish will not be white so should I mist using the final paint again?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers,

T.

Sponsored Links
Read the tin again...i reckon it shouldnt be applied as a mist coat..stick to normal emulsion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back