Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell vs other variations question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, its probably been asked a million times. But I am looking on dulux decorator centre website, and I am properly confused about these paints.

There are 3 Trade eggshell paints. All in 5L (all prices exc vat, just straight off the website)

1) Trade Eggshell 5L - £54.53
2) Trade Diamond Eggshell 5L - £63.21
3) Trade Diamond High Performance Eggshell - 5L - £57.71

Why is the High performance stuff cheaper ? I was thinking satinwood or eggshell. I am painting, all stair spindles and bottom rail, all skirting in hallway, and 4 new pre-primed doors and 2 older sanded down doors.

Anyone help on recommendations? I also have a Johnstones and a Crown centre nearby, so seeing other brand similarities would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think the high performance stuff may be a new product so they're offering it a bit cheaper. I don't use it so can't really offer an opinion on finish, durability etc. I'd always go with Little Green for eggshell.

I just read that the High Performance stuff isnt recommended for wood.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, its probably been asked a million times. But I am looking on dulux decorator centre website, and I am properly confused about these paints.

There are 3 Trade eggshell paints. All in 5L (all prices exc vat, just straight off the website)

1) Trade Eggshell 5L - £54.53
2) Trade Diamond Eggshell 5L - £63.21
3) Trade Diamond High Performance Eggshell - 5L - £57.71

Why is the High performance stuff cheaper ? I was thinking satinwood or eggshell. I am painting, all stair spindles and bottom rail, all skirting in hallway, and 4 new pre-primed doors and 2 older sanded down doors.

Anyone help on recommendations? I also have a Johnstones and a Crown centre nearby, so seeing other brand similarities would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

1) This is a solvent based paint that is suitable for wood and metal.
2) This is an acrylic emulsion that is suitable for use on a range of substrates, such as plaster, wallpaper, timber, etc, and is also a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms.
3) This is a more flexible acrylic emulsion, but is less versatile than the standard trade eggshell and isn't suitable for wood and metal, as you mentioned.

Personally, I always preferred solvent based products for timber, so out of those three, #1 would have been my preference for your situation. However, having not used any of those products for a while, I can't really say how well #2 would compare these days, and #3 isn't suitable.
I think I would opt for satinwood as my preferred finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back