Dulux Trade Diamond Matt - Colours?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back in the day I used to work in Focus, or Do It All for those oldskool enough to remember!

I used to mix the Dulux stuff by hand and we had all the thousands of colours on the cards, 6 per card iirc.

If I want Dulux diamond matt trade tinted how do I see the colours in the flesh - as you do with say Valspar swatches or Little Greene books etc

I figure diamond matt trade is the best choice for our hallway/landing/playroom with two children (age 5 soon and age 6 weeks). It's gonna get some abuse!

Sponsored Links
Colour cards. Swatches. Look online at rooms plus they colour match other brands. Ie get a crown colour mixed to dulux.

Wickes and homebase plus trade centers have dulux colour swatches.
You can also see colours in B&Q above paint along racking on boards.
Can also buy dulux testers pots or get them mixed in small tin.

Is that what you are asking? Diamond is just a trade base. It's still dulux tinted

From memory in Billy and Q you just see a small book of the retail colours. I suspect what I want may be in the Dulux Trade centers. I remember stuff like jungle green 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc!

I guess you can get Dulux decorators places to match for any colour though if you take in say a Little Green, Valspar or whatever?

Back in the day I used to work in Focus, or Do It All for those oldskool enough to remember!

I used to mix the Dulux stuff by hand and we had all the thousands of colours on the cards, 6 per card iirc.

If I want Dulux diamond matt trade tinted how do I see the colours in the flesh - as you do with say Valspar swatches or Little Greene books etc

I figure diamond matt trade is the best choice for our hallway/landing/playroom with two children (age 5 soon and age 6 weeks). It's gonna get some abuse!

You can contact Dulux and they will post out small colour cards for free.

Sponsored Links
I guess you can get Dulux decorators places to match for any colour though if you take in say a Little Green, Valspar or whatever?

Colour matching, isn't really colour matching- they scan a colour and find the closest colour in their palette, that is true of all of the large firms, not just Dulux.

Colour matching, isn't really colour matching- they scan a colour and find the closest colour in their palette, that is true of all of the large firms, not just Dulux.
No.
It's on the machines sometimes. Johnstone's is the best at it

With thousands to choose from I'm confident we will find what we need whether it's closest match or a Dulux 'stock tint' colour.

Interesting that Dulux will send you some. I wonder if there is any limit? We had about 50 swatches from Valspar in B&Q lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back