Dulux Trade Diamond vs Dulux Easy Care

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided on getting the whole house painted in a matt brilliant white (boring I know but still). Well, whole house except the bathrooms. The renovation company will be doing the painting but I will be providing them the top coat paint.

After doing some research, the two paints that seem to come out on top are: Dulux Trade Diamond and Dulux Easy Care. As I'm not the one painting it, I'm worried about the ease of painting. I'm only concerned with the quality of the paint and the durability of it.

Can anyone please give their experience of these two types of paint on this aspect?

Also, where's the cheapest/best place to buy this paint?

Sponsored Links
I've used dulux trade diamond and the finish is very good and tough.
I bought it from wickes with trade discount 10% which anyone can get by downloading the app.
It was also on offer at the time.

I think Dulux Trade Diamond is the one I'm going with. Sadly, I don't have the luxury of waiting until an offer, so unless it goes on offer in the next few days, I'll have to get it at the normal price (although will take a look at the trade discount thing).

Anyone know if Dulux Trade Diamond Matt is suitable for bathroom ceilings? Or should I be getting the Dulux paint that is specific to bathrooms?

Sponsored Links
I've just painted a couple of room in easy care and it was lovely to use, very happy with the finish and I'm fussy! Have wiped the odd bit down and it came up lovely and clean. Impressed and will be using it again. Would normally get from Wickes with 10% but had to go to B&Q for the colour.

I've just painted a couple of room in easy care and it was lovely to use, very happy with the finish and I'm fussy! Have wiped the odd bit down and it came up lovely and clean. Impressed and will be using it again. Would normally get from Wickes with 10% but had to go to B&Q for the colour.

Would you use the Easy Care kitchen variant for the kitchen too?

I'm guessing the bathroom variant has some anti-mould type property. Maybe the kitchen has this too?

Would you use the Easy Care kitchen variant for the kitchen too?

I'm guessing the bathroom variant has some anti-mould type property. Maybe the kitchen has this too?

Just based on the dulux FAQ, I'd probably use the kitchen and bathroom specific ones if they were a different colour to what I already had. No idea on the formulation difference though or if it's just marketing. FYI, I was painting a utility room and a WC.

Q: Can I use Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough in the kitchen or bathroom?
Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough can be used in any room in your house however for bathrooms we would recommend Easycare Bathroom as it is an exceptionally tough moisture and steam resistant paint. For Kitchens we would recommend Easycare Kitchen as it an exceptionally tough grease resistant paint resisting everyday cooking stains

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back