Dulux trade fast matt or trade vinyl matt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had all my artexed ceilings skimmed 3 weeks ago and not sure what paint to purchase....

I see these two paints mentioned on here quite often, I understand 'Fast Matt' is for use of freshly skimmed plaster (i.e. can be applied to plaster that is still drying) and is easier to apply than the normal trade 'vinyl matt'.

Should I still go for 'fast matt', even though my ceilings have completely dried out? Would this be ok or can it only be applied to 'still drying' surfaces?

Sponsored Links
Dulux Fast Matt can be only used on PLASTER whilst it is still drying out, i.e. Dulux Fast Matt CANNOT be used on Artex whilst still drying out. To be safe with your cielings then use Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt for them and thin down first coat at EXACTLY 25% Water. Then apply a second coat with a new mix only thinned down by EXACTLY 15% Water.

I don't have artex ceilings anymore! As stated in my post, they have been flattened and skimmed over with plaster.

Sponsored Links
Ooops, mis-read your post, however your answer is in there anyhowz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back