Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt

Sponsored Links
Anything will do as a mist coat..any matt that is...if its new plaster and deep id say three coats of contract matt (supermatt in dulux) thin the first one by 20/30% otherwise if its just skim and dry..vinyl matt will work fine...again thin the first one

Sponsored Links
it has just been skimmed i have got 5 liters of johnsons contract emulsion is thats ok or would delux be better

Johnstones is ok...contract emulsion doesnt contain vinyl so you wont be able to wipe it much.

If you want something a little better ask for dUlux..not delux..they may not know what you mean

Zampa said:
Johnstones is ok...contract emulsion doesnt contain vinyl so you wont be able to wipe it much.

If you want something a little better ask for dUlux..not delux..they may not know what you mean
the contract emulsion i have got does contain vinyl do you know the best dilute quantities to prime first with johnsons paint

I would say about 15-20% water to paint

Zampa said:
Anything will do as a mist coat..any matt that is...if its new plaster and deep id say three coats of contract matt (supermatt in dulux) thin the first one by 20/30% otherwise if its just skim and dry..vinyl matt will work fine...again thin the first one

Zampa, I've just put a diluted (25%) coat od Dukux Supermatt on my skimmed plaster walls - they've been dry for two weeks. Do I need to apply a second coat of Supermatt, diluted by 15% OR can I just go ahead and apply the final coloured coat that the wife has chosen ? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back