Dulux weathershield??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there- i'm new to the forum and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on paint brands and colours?

I hope to have my house painted externally in the next few weeks (weather permitting) and want to know what is meant to be the best paint to use (my house is pebble-dashed) My decorator has said to go for Dulux weathershield but I've found all their off white colours have a real hint of pink to them whereas I'm tried to find an ivory cream colour. Any advice?

I'm also slightly confused over the paint quality as I've just spoken to a trade paint store who are charging £32 for a 5L tin + VAT for Dulux weathershield vs the Dulux in B&Q which is about £20 for a 10 litre tin!
I've seen the work of the decorator (he's done quite a few houses around my neighbourhood) but wonder how/why there is such a massive difference in price.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's different paint. Dulux trade as opposed to Dulux retail. I'd imagine the trade stuff is better quality, but harder to work with.

Dulux trade weathershield was re-formulated a year of so ago to make itextra white

Unfortunaly it even thinner than it ever was and has even less covering power, which was really poor in the first place.

I wouldnt touch it personally..

Snadtex trade is very good as it crown stronghold

Has your outside been previously painted on the pebbledash ?

Sponsored Links
davecon1 said:
My decorator has said to go for Dulux weathershield but I've found all their off white colours have a real hint of pink to them whereas I'm tried to find an ivory cream colour. Any advice?
10 b 15 is what your after or Sandstone.
Don't blame Dulux for colours - they're all there if you want them.
Look at the colours and not the names.

Zampa said:
Unfortunaly it even thinner than it ever was and has even less covering power, which was really poor in the first place.

I wouldnt touch it personally..
You've surprised me there Zampa. :eek:

Yep..IMO its Dulux weakest product and it skins in the tray very quickly, murder on an outside on a warm day

Zampa said:
it skins in the tray very quickly, murder on an outside on a warm day

How true :!: That's just happened with me.

New pebbledash - Never again :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back