Dumb animals....... I dont think so.

Sponsored Links
I reckon you and peaps should set up house together. Your both well suited to each other. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
The reason behind this post is to make the point that animals are astounding and that to kill them for fun is the act of a low intelligence and humanity.

I could not be bothered to use the links provided, as if humans had not hunted for food and "fun" we would now be probably extinct.

Why can you "Tree huggers" not understand this?
Accept evolution and the food chain?

You, want to protect, yet want to kill your fellow man.

Not clever if you want crops to grow. With the assistance of certain animals.

As they have to live together.

But a few certain species have to be hunted and killed. If it pays for the education and health of many what is the issue?

The reason behind this post is to make the point that animals are astounding and that to kill them for fun is the act of a low intelligence and humanity.

I could not be bothered to use the links provided, as if humans had not hunted for food and "fun" we would now be probably extinct.

Why can you "Tree huggers" not understand this?
Accept evolution and the food chain?

You, want to protect, yet want to kill your fellow man.

Not clever if you want crops to grow. With the assistance of certain animals.

As they have to live together.

But a few certain species have to be hunted and killed. If it pays for the education and health of many what is the issue?

I know what you mean I read the first few words of your post and did the same. theres none so blind as them that will not see springs to mind .

I enjoy eating meat which could be interpreted as having fun, does that count?

I know life's a gamble but do we really need to eat meat? The old saying we are what we eat!

Cancer Facts - Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

The World Health Organization has determined that dietary factors account for at least 30 percent of all cancers in Western countries and up to 20 percent in developing countries. When cancer researchers started to search for links between diet and cancer, one of the most noticeable findings was that people who avoided meat were much less likely to develop the disease. Large studies in England and Germany showed that vegetarians were about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat eaters.

Someone else made an interesting argument.

Intelligent should never be considered a good way of defining who has rights and how doesn't, otherwise you start down a slippery slope where you argue against ******* having any rights.

Human rights are human rights.

Large studies in England and Germany showed that vegetarians were about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat eaters.

How much of this is down to vegetarians being more health aware though?

As a veggie I have check the ingredients of everything I eat, and make sure that I eat proper meat substitutes, meat eaters don't have to worry about that.

Given the small number of vegetarians, and the large number of people that live on fast food, Is this a case of a correct statistic being incorrectly interpreted?

I enjoy eating meat which could be interpreted as having fun, does that count?

I know life's a gamble but do we really need to eat meat? The old saying we are what we eat!

Cancer Facts - Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

The World Health Organization has determined that dietary factors account for at least 30 percent of all cancers in Western countries and up to 20 percent in developing countries. When cancer researchers started to search for links between diet and cancer, one of the most noticeable findings was that people who avoided meat were much less likely to develop the disease. Large studies in England and Germany showed that vegetarians were about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat eaters.

Atmospheric pollution. e.g. from cars etc, accounts for at least 42percent of all known cancers. :rolleyes:

Someone else made an interesting argument.

Intelligent should never be considered a good way of defining who has rights and how doesn't, otherwise you start down a slippery slope where you argue against ******* having any rights.

Human rights are human rights.

Large studies in England and Germany showed that vegetarians were about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat eaters.

How much of this is down to vegetarians being more health aware though?

As a veggie I have check the ingredients of everything I eat, and make sure that I eat proper meat substitutes, meat eaters don't have to worry about that.

Given the small number of vegetarians, and the large number of people that live on fast food, Is this a case of a correct statistic being incorrectly interpreted?

A meat based diet and a none meat based diet if balanced are just as health..

Some do it for health other for ethical reasons.

That being the case, how did this thread end up discussing the merits of eating meat?

Killing for "fun" would surely, by definition, not be for meat to eat.

Killing for meat is an entirely different discussion.

That being the case, how did this thread end up discussing the merits of eating meat?

Killing for "fun" would surely, by definition, not be for meat to eat.

Killing for meat is an entirely different discussion.
Surely it's no difference as in killing for fun/sport then eat the meat?

And when does that happen ??

Fox hunting would be the first that sprung to mind and the dogs just tear it apart ( And they are other animals )

Most big game hunting has nothing to do with the meat - perhaps it's eaten as a by product, but that just helps someone to survive.

How do you define "Fun" then ???

Sponsored Links
Back