Dumb animals....... I dont think so.

How do you define "Fun" then ???
Living without cruelty

That's a definition of fun ??

Sounds more like a life mantra.

I think I've been misunderstood, I meant what is your definition of "fun" in the context of killing for fun.
I can't think of an example where people kill for fun and then eat the meat and in that case, it could be argued that they weren't actually killing just for fun, although they may have enjoyed the chase or the hunt.

Then again, the slaughterer at an abbatoir could enjoy his job, but he could hardly be accused of killing for "fun".

Let's get this in proportion, I do not agree with killing animals for fun/sport, I'm an animal lover and didn't need this thread to convince me that animals are far from dumb.

The point I was making was that debating whether or not it is correct to kill animals for fun or sport is in no way related to the debate as to whether or not we should eat meat.

Sponsored Links
Dumb animals? there is only one dumb animal on this planet! so far we've managed to exist in round figures about 100,000 yrs, how long did dinosaurs rule the roost? 250million yrs was it? I cant see the Earth putting up with us much longer, another flu epidemic is due anytime soon, the last one was 1918, or maybe a small climate change will be enough to wipe us out.

Actually it was about 165 million with differing species and total extinction within each.

Try researching a little better, so as on target we have further lifespan than your suppositions.

Sponsored Links
Every week we hear something is bad for us.

Generally criminal dorks forcing their views is the worst I find.

Thank you for the correction alarm, the fact remains we've still only been here a fraction of the time of the dinosaurs and i cant see us surviving another 100,000 yrs.

I can, with the advances we are making.
Both of us nor our children will live to prove this, but in the years to come and if this is intact ( the database) I am sure I will be the one correct.

How long our species may last is a moot point. But during our time on earth we have out evolved everything else, nothing else can compete. Which is what gives us the right to decide what happens to the losers, for good or bad...it's the right of conquest.

How long our species may last is a moot point. But during our time on earth we have out evolved everything else, nothing else can compete. Which is what gives us the right to decide what happens to the losers, for good or bad...it's the right of conquest.

Ah the Might is right argument..........typical Nazi view isnt it ?
They had the might so enslaved and exterminated at will.

The Missionary's on the trail of empire builders murdered and burned the savages that wouldn't convert to Christianity.

The mighty white invading race who committed genocide on the native north American Indians.

The polite Victorian ladies that went on aboriginal sporting hunts.

Your in good company with your banal view.

Dumb animals? there is only one dumb animal on this planet! so far we've managed to exist in round figures about 100,000 yrs, how long did dinosaurs rule the roost? 250million yrs was it? I cant see the Earth putting up with us much longer, another flu epidemic is due anytime soon, the last one was 1918, or maybe a small climate change will be enough to wipe us out.

Already academics are rethinking how we are going to produce enough food to support a growing population. Meat production as we know it will soon end and we will evolve to a more ethical way of life. It's the only way to go if we are to survive.

yes we are going to see a big flu or some other epidemic come along. Population is fast approaching critical mass.

Already academics are rethinking how we are going to produce enough food to support a growing population. Meat production as we know it will soon end and we will evolve to a more ethical way of life. It's the only way to go if we are to survive.

yes we are going to see a big flu or some other epidemic come along. Population is fast approaching critical mass.

We had this conversation a few weeks ago, there will be plenty of meat for everyone, soylent green. http://youtu.be/SVpN312hYgU

Sponsored Links
Back