Duo Tech Condensate discharge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A relatives house I’m helping with kitchen remodel , we kept hearing water dripping down the outside downpipe.
When I looked it wasn’t runoff from the roof but the condensate pipe was discharging a substantial amount of water then it would stop , then start again.
I don’t know how long it runs for but I do know the pressure isn’t dropping at boiler .
Can anyone elaborate ?
In the past I’ve fixed a heat exchanger fault with Leak Sealer. And 6 years later it’s still going good, but where’s this water coming from

Sponsored Links
Deffo wasn’t hot water running. We were working downstairs at back patio, so if the heating was on or was on timed I couldn’t say for sure.
Sorry this is late reply

Deffo wasn’t hot water running. We were working downstairs at back patio, so if the heating was on or was on timed I couldn’t say for sure.
Sorry this is late reply

If the boiler is running, it will constantly produce condensate... Well, it should if its performing properly.
Some condensate traps have a self syphoning action which means they fill to a certain level and then discharge, hence the stop/ start of running water, others trickle constantly.

Sponsored Links
No the boilers not running , but he says that he’s not having to re pressurise boiler , so it doesn’t add up.
But I seen it constant dribbling .
Sorry , that’s why I’ve posted this , because it’s a issue & not just the typical operation of the boiler
Im gonna check it out again. For peace of mind .

Is filling loop letting by?
And discharge run into condensate drain?
Make sure mains water can't get into the CH circuit.

If the PRV is working properly then the boiler pressure will be at a constant 3 bar if the filling loop is passing, a leaking plate heat exchanger if a combi might give the same symptoms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back