Duotec Baxi HE and Siemans RDH10RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Complete novice here.

I have a Duo Tec HE by Baxi and a Siemens RDH10RF wireless thermostat.

In order to control the room temperatures by the thermostat only should the Baxi timer be set to off, constant or timed? If the boiler is on the constant setting is it only switched on when the thermostat is set to the required temperature?

Also, what temperature should I set the control on the boiler to? Should I just leave this at the lowest setting as the wireless thermostat will control the room temperature, or should I set this higher?

When I do not want any central heating shall I just turn the thermostat and boiler temp. Settings to the lowest setting.

Excuse my ignorance and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The Siemens stat is a simple room stat so timing is controlled through the boiler timer. If its in the on position the heating will only come on when the room temperature drops below the set temp on the thermostat.
Depends on what type of house you have for boiler thermostat setting, if its a new well insulated one you can get away with a lower setting, an old draughty house will need hotter rads to heat. If you turn the boiler thermostat down too low it may cost you more gas as the boiler will never bring the house up to temperature and it will be on longer.
In the summer just turn down the Siemens thermostat and the heating won't come on.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back