Durabase Conservatory Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Has anyone used one of these things before?

http://www.durabase.co.uk/styles.html

We're surrounded by loads of massive trees, clay soil, and a private sewer inspection chamber in the way of where I'd want a conservatory to go, I'm thinking that one of these things might be something to consider in the future.

durabase%20base%203%20way.JPG

Anyone any experience with them?

Sponsored Links
Have only done one so far but it was excellent!
Was only for a small porch but Im looking forward to doing a bigger one.

Im in quite an expensive area, A builder and laborer is about £250 per day or £300 for 2 builders.
So these bases work out about the same as I would get a standard base done.

But in theory they should work out cheaper for jobs that are on sloping ground or where you need deep footings. Also very handy if there are lots of drains and power cables to avoid.

No downsides I can see, Less mess, Faster etc. Like I say Im looking forward to doing a bigger one.

IMG_4248_zps4cc14081.jpg

IMG_4250_zps68431898.jpg

Sponsored Links
Great stuff Gaz, sorry for all the questions, where did you order yours from? Direct, or via the porch supplier?

Cheers Gaz. I rang them up and the price was better than I was expecting it to be, so it could be a goer in the future.

Is the frame resting on gravels?

Air-vent underneath if higher?

Do you put down dpm?

I bet it sounds dead cluncky when you walk on it. Better off with timber joists.

It is absolutely solid even before the floor boards were screwed into the frame with the self tapping screws.

Cant speak for larger ones yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back