DIY conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're moving into our new house shortly and one of the first rooms the missus wants to renovate is the kitchen. She's all for blowing our budget on a top end kitchen suite, supplied and fitted by professionals. I on the other hand would prefer to use the money on a self installed kitchen (probably from one of the big diy sheds) and using the saved money of a self fitted conservatory with module steel base. I've fitted a few kitchens previously but have never done anything as big as a conservatory. What's people opinions on these self build conservatories? I'd prefer a brick dwarf wall rather than floor to ceiling glass panels but I see you can now get fake dwarf walls as part of a self build conservatories. What are the fake walls like compared to a real one? Anyone fitted a tradition conservatory and one of these types before? Are they fairly simple to put up?

Also, any suggestions on reasonable/good conservatory suppliers with in the north east?

Are there any down side to self installed conservatories, ie: does it put buyers off or cause legal problems when it comes to selling the house?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back