1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

durable and flexible wood paint

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by svouts, 24 Jul 2012.

1. svouts

svouts

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am going to paint my entrance door, which is reasonably exposed to the elements. I am looking for a wood paint that is durable and, if possible, flexible to paint over a thin (1mm wide) crack. I used wood filler on the door in the past but after 2 years the crack is back.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. vibrobullit407

vibrobullit407

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Paint is not a filler. You need to use an appropriate filler for the crack. I tend to use Dulux Weathersheild for exterior woodwork. They also do a flexible wood filler which I have used and not had any issues with!

4. RMS

RMS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Okay, flexible filler is required. Ronseal, Dulux weathersheild flexible, Cuprinol are all good choices.

Flexible exterior paints. Dulux weathersheild, Crown FLEXARB and Santex Flexigloss are some good choices.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local