DVD writers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone help me with this?
I can record video (.avi) on my camera, and I can transfer this video to DVD through phono leads or scart to my DVD Recorder. And I can save them to my pc through USB. No problem there.

However, having edited those files on the pc, (they are still .avi), how can I then put them onto DVD?
I bought a DVD writer from Maplins but that simply transferred the .avi to the DVD and therefore my DVD player didn't recognize them. A guy in the store then told me I need to do several conversions to the files before the writer will do the job.

But, if my DVD Recorder can do the job quickly and easily, why doesn't the DVD writer do the same? Or is there one that does?
Or is there a way I can transfer the files straight from the pc to my DVD recorder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Will check when I get home.

I have a table on the home pc of how to do things,
like download utube
convert to mp3,
Apend avi
Add sound
etc

Sponsored Links
If you want to have a nice DVD with menus etc you will need some DVD authoring software. I am surprised that your DVD drive didn't come with any. Google DVD authoring software to find some.

I use Nero 7
Some more info....
Any Video Converter is an All-in-One video converting tool with easy-to-use graphical interface, fast converting speed and excellent video quality. It allows you to effortlessly convert video files between every format, for FREE! It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for iPod/PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player or smart phone. It also supports any user defined video file formats as the output. Any Video Converter makes it easy for anyone to enjoy any format video with your iPod, PSP, mobile phone or MP4 player.

Thanks everyone. More complicated than I expected, considering the manager of Mplns (better not put the name) said I only had to select the files and they'd be written to DVD.
Thanks for the links; I'll have to do some swotting up and try again.
It still surprises me that there isn't one that automatically converts the files like a DVD recorder does.

And thanks to the moderators for editing my message. The reason I highlighted the actual question from the rest of the text was in order to make it clearer, but never mind. Having a quiet day were you? :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. More complicated than I expected, considering the manager of Mplns (better not put the name) said I only had to select the files and they'd be written to DVD.
Thanks for the links; I'll have to do some swotting up and try again.
It still surprises me that there isn't one that automatically converts the files like a DVD recorder does.

And thanks to the moderators for editing my message. The reason I highlighted the actual question from the rest of the text was in order to make it clearer, but never mind. Having a quiet day were you? :rolleyes:
I think they were correct in what they said to write a file to a dvd disc is no different to writing to a cd disc.
Its the playing back, your dvd player cant play avi, the new dvd players can.

Sponsored Links
Back